rainbowgold1

How do I light a flat roof light?

rainbowgold1
5 years ago

I need to buy the lights for a large flat rooflight 4m wide. I was thinking of an LED strip, but happy to consider other options. What do I need to consider?

Do the lights get fitted in a lip nearer the actual ceiling, or higher up towards the glass? what do I need to consider?

Someone mentioned you need to find room for a transformer or something? If this is the case where do they normally go when lighting something like this, and do they need to be accessible to change at some point?

Any and all advice would be gratefully received, and any pictures or assistance of what to purchase in the way of lip, lights etc..

Thank you so much (I know nothing about lights) I am having an electrician fit them, but i'm responsible for purchasing the fittings and fixtures.

Comment

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.