angela_tunmer

Front door in centre - Living Room Layout Design Hell

Angela Tunmer
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Buying a 200 year old house

problem is altough there is a entrance hall the front door opens into the centre of the living room and I just can’t work out best use of space!! The owner is very bland and has no style .. and I need inspiration

I don’t want a dining table in here at all as I can put that in the kitchen downstairs.

I was thinking

to the left - sofas / chairs / coffee table / fire - snug area

to the right - sofas / chair / coffee table / tv maybe on cabinet on wall to the left or fit it under the stairs directly opposite the door?

the room has many doors opening to other rooms so going to get glass panelled doors to let the light in

there is a Juliet balcony to the right back of room so dont want to block this with a sofa

what way can you separate the two arrangements? Would you or have one big room?

HELP!!!

I was not not going to buy this house because of this room ... it’s so important to get right !! and I am hoping you guys have some advice - really appreciated x

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.