maria55667

Glitter paint on concrete floor - any advice on how to do this?

maria55667
5 years ago

I have a tiny wc with a concrete floor. I thought it would be a good idea to paint this as I don't want to have a threshold at the doorway. I am changing the toilet so do not have to paint around it.

How can I successfully paint a concrete floor so it can take regular cleaning and not wear away around the loo base where it will be cleaned more vigorously? (It was built in the 30's and has always been bare concrete so there is some staining/discolouration, especially around the loo.)

The wallpaper will have bronze detail so a copper coloured glittery floor would look great. I've seen glitter paint in the diy stores but it seems like small flecks, I'd like the whole thing to glisten.

If glitter paint is not an option I'd like to paint a pattern instead so normal floor paints aren't really suitable for this (and there are limited colours). Does anyone have any knowledge on what process I should follow and what the best products are?

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.