getdeckedout

How to Inject Light into a Small Bathroom - Before/After

Get Decked Out
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Our clients wanted to create a modern coastal bathroom with lots of lighting.

They needed a complete renovation to be done after a shower screen leak and they were in serious need of updating having not been touched in over 20 years.

Before:

During:

After:

Northern Beach Bathroom Renovation · More Info

We gutted the entire bathroom and stripped back everything to the frame, along with adding in all new piping.

We added in statement features such as matte black handles, tapware and mosaic tiles to tie everything together and add dimension to the space.

It was crucial to take a lot of features out. The things that dont stand out take these bathrooms to the next level like the line matching of tiles, working full tiles without cuts, shower screen that matches the window head, no reveals on the windows, the positioning of the strip drain, the 900x450 format terrazzo floor tiles meaning there was only 1 grout join in the floor, fully frameless shower screen with no visible fixings, wall hung in wall cistern toilet, wall hung vanity, neiches in the shower and over bath, vertical heated towel rail, back to wall bath and slimline anodised tile trim all go to give a very clean minimal look that still feels comfortable.

Before:

After:

New louvre windows were also added in allowing more natural light into the space, along with LED strip lighting being added to the bath and shower neiches, under the vanity and halo lighting around the mirror.

After:

Check out entire project here!

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.