shanikamehta

Moving my fireplace

Shan M
5 years ago
I’m in the planning stage of a full house renovation. The master bedroom is very narrow (only 3m) and there’s also a beautiful fireplace which takes up more room. This leaves almost no spare space when we add our super king bed (2.15m long!) plus the bed will be so close to the fireplace it will be practically covering it!

So I’m pretty sure I’ll need to remove the chimney breast. I’m going to definitely keep the fireplace in the living room below so that I have at least one in the house. But I’m toying with keeping the fireplace for the bedroom but maybe just moving it to be flush against the top wall

Having a fireplace flush against an interior wall - is this a massive faux pas. Is this even possible? What are people’s thoughts. Attached current floor plan and picture of the room with fireplace

Thanks!

Comments (12)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.