andrew_watkins69

kitchen. Shaker and gloss mix?

Andrew Watkins
5 years ago
We are having a new extension built and have just had the kitchen designed. We’ve come up with a mixed shaker and gloss kitchen but are now a little unsure about it.

We went for handless gloss units on the back wall to try and blend them in so that the island will be the focus of the room. The island is then a Baltic blue shaker style so it’s more warm and homely.

We are now worried that it will look odd to have two very different styles and think maybe we need to do something to bring the two sides together. So are thinking of either going for 1. A blue white all shaker. 2. Blue white all handless gloss. Or 3. All blue shaker.

The room is Northish facing but will get some sunlight, will have 5m bifold doors in dark grey and skylights (not shown in pics). The room will also have dining table (industrial style with black metal and brown leather chairs) and sofas. Because of the table the room will be more towards the industrial style.

What do you think?

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.