eithne_mccarthy

Kartell Masters chair vs Louis Ghost armchair for extra seating ?

Eithne Mccarthy
5 years ago

I want to buy two chairs which I can use as extra seating in the sitting room although they will be used mainly as sunroom seating. I need advice on whether to buy the Kartell Masters chairs or Louis Ghost armchair. I have a limited budget so these seem the best but I am concerned that they may not be very comfortable particularly for the sitting room . Please advice as I am considering buying online and do not have the opportunity to test in 'real life'. thanks Eithne

Comments (10)

• Kazza None
    5 years ago
    I've got the kartell masters chairs which I use for dining chairs in the garden. They are good for dining but not for occasional non dining seating. They're quite upright and hard.
    Eithne Mccarthy thanked Kazza None
  • PRO
    Couch Potato Company
    5 years ago

Hi Eithne,

We find that the Masters Chair is a very popular item because it stacks neatly and is strong and durable. People like the colour range and versatility of the design, as it can be used indoor and outdoor for different purposes. That being said, it really depends on the style of your space. The Louis Ghost looks great paired with contrasting textures and styles.

We have one Louis Ghost armchair in our London Waterloo showroom if you were interested in trying one out?

Louis Ghost Armchair

Masters Chair

Let me know if you have any questions, or if you'd like me to prepare a quotation.

Phoebe

Eithne Mccarthy thanked Couch Potato Company
  • Tani H-S
    5 years ago
    I have the masters chairs for indoor dining but don’t find them v comfy at all.
    I’m putting them outside and swapping them for something more padded!
    It’s the back that’s uncomfy - not the seat area (although if you aren’t slim there are ridges either side which dig in) and I’ve tried pushing cushions there but they fall through the gaps

I think you could get some nice seat cushions for the ghost chairs but not sure how comfy they are.
    Eithne Mccarthy thanked Tani H-S
  • PRO
    User
    5 years ago

Minnie and Grouse suggest the masters chairs as having sat in them and from experience the ghost chairs look great but would get hot in a sun room and scratch easily. The Masters are much more durable and comfortable and should stand the test of time better also matt finish looks good too. We love ghost chairs i.e. for a dressing table or in a formal dining room especially if small they disappear but dont suggest for sitting in long periods of time. Good luck!

Eithne Mccarthy thanked User
  • Eithne Mccarthy
    Original Author
    5 years ago

thank you to all who were kind enough to offer advice - really appreciated. i will go for the masters -am thinking about the mustard or grey. will post pic when in situ.

• E D
    5 years ago

Why not have mustard and grey?

Eithne Mccarthy thanked E D
  • PRO
    Couch Potato Company
    5 years ago

Great choice, Eithne! If you'd like me to prepare a quote for the masters chairs, let me know.

Eithne Mccarthy thanked Couch Potato Company
  • nmlondon
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Love Masters chairs! we love them and so far, the visitors find them comfortable too. This is our old house’s kitchen. I love that celadon green shade and it quickly became “my daughter’s chair”.

Eithne Mccarthy thanked nmlondon
  • Eithne Mccarthy
    Original Author
    5 years ago

thanks for pic. charming room. might actually go for the green as I have green painted doors leading to dining room and green curtains on sitting room windows

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.