manorgrove_homes

Amazing décor ideas for balconies and terraces

Manorgrove Homes
5 years ago

It can be difficult to decorate an unusual space such as a balcony or terrace. They’re a smaller space than the other rooms in your home, and don’t leave much room for creative furniture decisions. However, with these great décor ideas, you’ll be able to make your balcony an extension of your home!

Hanging lights

Having a balcony or terrace bathed in light means you can use your outside space longer throughout the year, and choosing hanging lights mean you can get creative with the space.

Make sure to opt for soft, yellow light rather than a harsh, white one, as this will make the space seem warmer and cosier. This can drastically change the ambiance of an outside space, particularly the darker it gets!

Candles

Adding candles to a couple of different surfaces on a balcony not only make the space appear less empty, but also add to the ambiance when lit.

Cushions

To really make an outdoorsy space cosy, scatter some plush cushions about the seats, or create a space you can nestle down in with a good book.

If you’re worried about rain, you can buy waterproof cushions, or if you already have the perfect cushions in mind, get some waterproof fabric spray to make your own!

Artificial turf

It’s surprising how much artificial turf will change the look of a balcony or terrace.

Provided it’s fitted perfectly, it’ll look a real botanical paradise has sprouted there!

Having artificial turf is also great for dogs and cats, and enhances your balcony to the perfect pet friendly home.

Potted plants

Coupled with artificial grass, having a couple of large to medium potted plants, trees and shrubs will really bring any outdoor room to life.

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.