tony8795

Grey Kitchen what colour worktops

tony8795
5 years ago

We did a 3 mtr extension to our semi in 2000 and put in a U shaped wood Alno kitchen with Black Galaxy granite, it worked very well. We just extended the 3 mtr extension to 6 mtrs with bi-folds.

We are putting the new kitchen against the new extension back wall with an American type FF and 2 tall swing & pull units on one end, rest will be waist height with sink and extractor going outside via back wall.

We can possibly use the 2 lengths of Black Galaxy granite from old kitchen to form one long piece of 4.5 mtrs, the granite almost looks new.

There will be an island approx. 3 mtrs.

Question… what is the general view on using Black Galaxy Granite on top of Gloss Grey units?

The island will also be Gloss Grey but we are thinking about white Quartz worktop 3mtrs x 90cm.

The Black Galaxy Granite worktops could go into the outside utility area, which is another story, we also experimented by putting the kitchen in the back reception room, the flow does not work with an active family !!

By recycling the Black Granite we will save around £2000 I guess, but I am not sure if it will look nice on Grey units.

Limited cooking with Turmeric these days, although Turmeric experiments on Quartz samples were fine.

Comments (17)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.