alixhelps

Fireplace transformation - from zero to hero

I couldn't resist sharing, as this kind of transformation is what gets me out of bed every day. As a Decorator, it's the process of taking something from ordinary to extraordinary that makes me tick. If I tell you I get genuine pleasure out of raking up leaves on the lawn, you'll begin to get the picture.

This room was part of a major renovation, but this is one of my favourite outcomes in a project. You'll see from the before pic that the house was typical of a (Sydney) north shore family home from the 90's. A sandstone fireplace keeping the family cosy during winter. I was looking for a way to create a focal point, and wanted to find some contrast to the new oak flooring and pale colour scheme.

Before

After

Lounge room Turramurra · More Info

One day I'll remember to take before and after photos from the same angle. Until then, off I go to rake up some leaves. You can see more of this project on my Houzz profile or my website

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.