sam_jarrett

Advice Please! Living Room Layout (walkway)

Sam
5 years ago
  • Front door opens into middle of room and stairs start right in front of you as you open the door.
  • Stairs have an open back so let the light in and there is open space underneath the staircase.
  • Door on right goes to the kitchen.
  • Dining area on left is fine (with chimney breast), living room on the right because we wanted it to be cosier and darker away from the main window (for those movie nights!)
  • Room is 3.5 metres wide (the TV/kitchen wall) and 7.5 metres the whole length. Not very big at all.
  • We have lots of guests so need as much sofa space as possible. I really don't want to get rid of our two three seaters (currently as per middle picture)

So... how do we prevent a bad/create a nice walkway between the stairs/front door to kitchen?! I feel like the corner sofa would be best but we'd lose too many seats... We need some experienced advice please!

Comments (14)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.