garry958

Large format porcelain tiles

Thomas Studio
5 years ago

I'am being asked more and more to fit large format porcelian tiles to walls or floor finishes. As I have found a really good Spanish supplier and a tiler who is now fully trained-up to understand how to fit such large format porcelain tiles.

The type of project large format porcelain tiles are suited for is huge: bathrooms, floors, walls internal and external. It can even be used for furniture items like reception desks. Also it is great for overlaying onto existing floors to upgrade the appearance in a tired looking reception space.

Whilst the material requires special handling and fitting it saves on labour time, as the fit covers a whole wall really quickly, and the best part is – large format porcelain tiles help to prevent black mould and grout discolouration as they remove huge areas of grout joints. Some joints are needed and these can be located to meet design requirements. But as the unit sizes are 2.6m by 1.2m or 2m x 1m its possible to cover an entire shower space without grout joints.

I am interested to hear if people are interested in this and would like to consider using it.

Ideally the project should be a fairly large project with a number of bathrooms or walls, to make the process economic to install. The tiles cost about £300 to £600 per panel plus fitting costs.

Comment

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.