clairemdew

Small garden and patio help

clairemdew
5 years ago

Hi,

We have a small garden and patio area. Grass doesn't grow well here so we would like to replace it with artificial grass but we aren't sure whether to go fence-fence with the grass or whether to build a raised bed (or two) on either side, where the current beds are.

We would also like to be able to seat 4 people so we need to add some seating and aren't sure what type/ where this should go. Current seating and table can be replaced. We thought of building a sleeper bench where the current table and chairs are, and then possibly using garden stools/ having a small bench on the fence opposite. But we aren't sure so would love to hear your suggestions. I don't feel that the l-shaped area (where the sandpit and hose etc. are) is currently used as well as it could be.

We would like to add lighting (we have power in the shed), colour and possibly rugs/ cushions - just make it more interesting really and make the best use of the small space. My toddler likes to play out here in the day and we would like to be able to sit out with friends in the evening.

The garden is south-west facing (I think); it gets the sun by midday and stays very hot until the evening.

We would love to hear your suggestions; the cheaper and more DIY they are the better!

Thanks,

Claire

P.S Photos won't upload so will try to add as comments

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.