webuser_4121954709

Painting architraves and internal doors

CSLC Cam
5 years ago

Help needed!! We bought our house 2 years ago and have been decorating each room in its turn. Having finished the last room the colour scheme that flows through the house is light ocean colours, cream, duck egg, taupe and greys. The house has two main floor covering throughout, natural oak solid wood floor and a natural stone carpet. Before we moved in the wooden floor was stained walnut but we had it sanded and waxed. My problem now is that in the kitchen and living room where the wood floor is the skirting is walnut like the floor once was. All the architrave and skirting in the rest of the house is black.
I am happy to paint all skirting black to match throughout but I would like suggestions on what to do with the internal doors, window frames and sills. At the minutes the doors are a redish mahogany colour. The window frames and sills are teak. It's just all too many different colours of wood.
I was thinking along with the black architrave and skirting to paint the doors dove grey/slate grey/black and the windows and sills one of the greys but not black.
Any opinion much appreciated.

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.