webuser_71660

utility area in the kitchen or bathroom??

Tani H-S
5 years ago

For those that have been following my never ending design dilemma questions re our new extension and splitting a room up into a bathroom & Utility area... I have yet another question.

Just occurred to me this morning that although we decided on a utility cupboard in the kitchen (rather than a walk in one) to make a larger bathroom downstairs for the 2 bedrooms, I wondered if we should allow space for a washer/dryer in the bathroom rather than having it in the kitchen?? We won't gain the extra space in the kitchen as we will probably pinch a section to set the washer/dryer into from the cupboard (we are splitting the room with just a partition wall so have flexibility on size) BUT, it will mean I'm not carting washing to/from the kitchen considering the bedrooms will be nearer the bathroom anyway.

Just not sure how they would fit in with the small bathroom space we have allocated and if it would look messy.

The whole room size itself it 10' long x 7'4 wide - so with the utility cupboard taken out, it would leave around 7' x 7'4 for a bathroom. Hope to have a shower and bath in there but could live with a shower over a bath if I had to to give space for the washer/dryer.

What do you guys think?

Comments (25)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.