gracelle_5

Back extension - how to avoid dingy middle rooms in Victorian Terrace

G D
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hi there,

I need help - we are planning an extension at the back of our victorian terrace. Ideally we want to keep the dining room as a fully functional room as it has an amazing fireplace. See picture of floor plan below.

We also get great light at the back of the house and our biggest fear is that we compromise the light in the middle of the house ( dining room and old kitchen area where cooker is) if we fill in the space. We also want to integrate a downstairs loo and a utility area..

so far our architect is suggesting integrating in the dining room .. but we are concerned that our light will really be impacted and we really like the room as it has an amazing fireplace etc

any innovative suggestions welcome.. to give us an amazing space that is also light filled throughout..

Im not convinced that glass roofing will be enough...

Thanks in advance G

Comments (11)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.