dianamclaughlin123

Playroom conversion ideas, anyone?

Diana Mclaughlin
5 years ago
Hello,

We have always found the position of our playroom very useful, from the point of view of its proximity to the kitchen, and thus being able to keep a close eye on my little ones. My children are still young (11, 7 and 4), but growing fast, and I’m thinking this area may perhaps benefit from a reinvention of sorts, into a type of den, where they can still hang out and play, but change the appearance a bit.
Would anyone have any ideas in relation to colour schemes on the wall, potential blinds, cosy seating corners etc? We may or may not keep the ikea coloured storage, and open to ideas re painting the bookcase. What I’m really looking to do is change the room from being merely pretty functional, to a place that looks pretty awesome and feels fantastic to be in, whilst also using the available space well. It’s not a huge room, but has lots of light coming in, and beautiful views of the trees and shrubs in our garden. As it’s so close to the kitchen, it would also benefit me, as I’ll be seeing it so regularly!
If anyone has any ideas that they think might work, I would be most grateful !

Thank you,

Diana

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.