slightlyquirky

Victorian Townhouse- Richmond Hill, West London

Victorian splendour on Richmond Hill..

Refurbishment of Traditional Home · More Info

The Brief:
This stunning four storey period property was already full of Victorian charm, including ornate cornicing, ceiling roses and marble feature fireplaces. Our client was looking for a fresh, updated look which was sympathetic to the existing style, yet sleek and classic. They were also looking for us to inject some colour into the scheme, to bring some life into the spaces whilst complementing their love for vibrant artwork.

The Style:
We wanted to create and outstanding look for this beautiful home and we achieved this by choosing strong, bold colours to accent some features, whilst considering and retaining the authenticity of the existing materials and features. The varied use of luxurious fabrics and rich velvet’s added texture and interest to the scheme, whilst other pieces were chosen to offer comfort and practicality.

The office was a particular challenge as the client wished to keep a large traditional writing desk whilst introduce a modern bespoke desk so the two pieces had to work in harmony together. We spent a lot of time on the detail of this room to ensure the storage and filing were specific to our clients’ requirements.

We love how the kitchen and dining room work together after taking down the wall down between the two rooms, this not only opens up the space but lets more light in too. They flow well together, yet still have the individuality of two separate spaces. We are particularly proud of the bespoke dresser which was designed to look like it had always been there. The main brief was to accommodate our clients’ additional table leaves. We wanted a dedicated space for them where they wouldn’t get damaged, yet were easily accessible. We designed the proportions of the piece around these three leaves and they are stored in the tall side panels.

Designed By: Slightly Quirky Ltd

Photographer credit: Anna Stathaki

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.