lau234

Help needed to update 80s Bungalow

Lau
5 years ago

Hi Everyone,

we we are due to get the keys to a 80s self build bungalow in a matter of weeks. We are first time renovators with a small budget to begin updates straight away although this will be an ongoing project. I’m currently driving myself insane reasearching options for design and layout and I need your help.

I am hoping to get advice on the following:

1. Updating the exterior. I dislike the colour of the bricks and the colour and position of the windows. I love the contemporary look and I’m wondering what updates could be done to the exterior To make it look a little special.

2. There’s an old archway between the dining space and the lounge. We are thinking of removing the wall completely but would we be best to leave it in and just take the arch? I like the the idea of more light in the house, the lounge overlooks the south facing garden. The front of the house gets very little light.

3. any advice on the layout of a bathroom suite. We wanted a free standing bath and separate shower but don’t know where to position it all. We have a boiler in the cupboard and it takes up quite a lot of space. We are considering moving the boiler into the loft but aren’t sure on cost implications.

4. The 4th room is more like a study and not a bedroom due to its position off the dining space. Would I be best to switch the bathroom and 4th bedroom at this stage or would it be worse having a bathroom off the dining space? It will make a brilliant playroom as it stands but I’m worried if we do need it as a 4th bedroom.

Thanks in advance, hopefully you can steer me in the right direction.

Comments (17)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.