hazel_kindley

Replacing conservatory with decking/patio

Hazel Kindley
5 years ago

Hi guys, we moved into a new house last year and am now beginning renovations. One thing that we just cant agree on is what to do with the conservatory at the back of the house.

I can't stand them and would rather knock the thing down to increase garden space and to let more light into the dining space. Other half thinks it will be too expensive to remove and would rather just keep it. Now I have found a company that will buy used conservatories off you to resell, that also take it down for you and then take to their warehouse.

What I don't know though, is what happens to the base? I don't even know what is in it! Can I just lay decking over it? Would it be easy to demolish and start again? Is it likely to be a concrete base with a suspended floor up to the height of the brickwork?

Any builders/handy types know?

Thanks!!

p.s. sorry picture is faded, Rightmove make them blurry once a house has sold

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.