christina_smith54

What to do with our master bedroom?

Christina Smith
5 years ago

I'm finding it difficult to adjust to these smaller bedrooms and the lack of cupboards in British homes (I'm an American), especially as adding furniture makes everything feel off-kilter. The furnishing looks too big (to me) in the space, but it is what it is.

I'm currently struggling with a wall colour that won't make the space feel smaller, but isn't overly bright, and suits the aged/reclaimed furnishings we have in the room. I've attached photos of the furnishings we currently have. As I don't have a picture (we aren't in the house full-time at the moment), I do have the measurements and the 'layout' that came with the house, which don't actually suit real people:

10' 1" × 12' 5"

We have placed our double-bed where it shows in the picture, as well as our two side tables. Where the desk is, we have our 7-drawer dresser, and where the wardrobe is.

Any help with colour or wallpaper, etc. would be greatly appreciated as I'm at a loss after five pots of tester paints and trying desperately to avoid creams and white as most of the furniture is a creamy colour and the bed is black and brass coloured.

Comments (5)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.