reesepbuttercup

Decorating daughter's room, wallpaper?

I'm in the process of decorating my daughter's bedroom. It's a small single that's filled with a large IKEA loft bed/desk. A few years ago I painted the walls a light pink with Disney bedding and artwork, but now my daughter would like something a little more grown up. I ordered this wallpaper below and plan to just do a feature wall behind the loft bed, although much of the paper will be obscured by the bed. I did consider doing the entire room, but was concerned that it was too busy of a print for such a small space.

Here is my daughter's bedroom.

A few things about the room; the desk is being moved under the bed entirely so I will not stick out. The dollhouse has been replaced by a matching IKEA chest. The hooks and accessory rails will be coming down and will require filling and re painting. Since I have to repaint should I go with another color? The current pink is not my favorite,but it does coordinate with the wallpaper.

Should I just paper the entire room, or stick with the wall behind the bed (lengthwise)? Should I repaint?

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.