thegranitehouse1

Granite, Ceramic, Quartz or Marble- What would you choose?

We would love to know which of these materials will prove most popular here on houzz! So please vote for your favourite :)

If you find yourself looking for a new kitchen worktop, it can be hard to decide on what material is right for you. Below we have highlighted the different benefits each material can give you so we hope the following information will help make your decision that little bit easier!

Granite:

One of the hardest and most durable natural substances known to man. Granite has heat-resistant qualities and is also unlikely to scratch or chip. When used for kitchen worktops, it is far superior to synthetic, laminate or wood. It is also much more beautiful and has a luminous, three dimensional quality when polished. In terms of colour, the choice is almost endless. Whether you want simple colours that compliment or vibrant patterns that make a statement, granite offers something for everyone

Ceramic:

Ceramic has a major advantage of being unaffected by the passage of time. This can be a major selling point for a lot of clients. other benefits include a strong resistance to wear and tear, scratch and heat, ceramic is a very hard material, suitable for kitchen and bathroom counter tops, flooring and wall-cladding. Its colour and texture remain unchanged even when used outdoors, since it can withstand the effects of ultra-violet rays without its surface appearance being altered in any way.

Quartz:

Quartz worktops are fabricated from natural quartz, one of the hardest minerals found in the Earth, small amounts of glass or metallic flecks are added to create variety, resulting in beautiful worktops. Another advantage to using Quartz as your chosen work surface is that it is a non- porous material, its texture does not allow bacteria to grow and resists against stains, protecting your family and making kitchen clean-up easy.

Marble:

Even though it may look stunningly expensive marble can actually cost less than other natural stone counter top materials such as granite and quartz. its main selling points are its durability, marble is a natural stone so it is more resistant to scratching, cracking and breaking. Marble is also known to stay cool so perfect if you love home baking! Marble is also heat resistant so you wont have to worry about where you put those hot pans after taking them out of the oven.

Granite
Ceramic
Quartz
Marble

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.