cristiane_martini

Lost in Skylights ....

We are building an extension in across our Victorian flats, and I'm not sure where to position our skylights.

Kitchen on the left is slightly bigger, and we are having bi-folds that are 2.7m tall and around 5m wide, and I have ordered a could of skylights (flush) that measure 1x2m. The original plan as shown in the drawing was for this to be positioned near the doors but as we don't have any windows in this room, I'm now wondering if we should try and change the position to maximise natural light.

The garden is north facing, and we get mainly sun the end end of the day.

The ceiling is about 3m tall, and then we will have an island and dining table as well as the kitchen units. I would love to have them over the island but than i have no idea how to install my extractor over the stove

Garden as it's looking now

The flat on the right is a rental and the bi-folds are about 4m wide and 2.7 tall again. This will have an L shape kitchen and a small lounge/tv area. We have only one skylight for this room, and we are not sure where to position it either.

Back of the building

Original plans: skylights are in show in pink

Modified plan: - This would be my preference but i don't know how to install the extractor fan over the stove that is planned to be in the Island.

We are already building this. Foundations are done and walls are coming up so time is short and any help would be appreciated

Comments (12)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.