xanjalix

Living room lighting help; neutral downlights?

A D
5 years ago

We're finally able to tackle the redecoration of the open plan living room/dining area. we've decided on a light grey for most of the walls, with a navy/blue feature wall for the fireplace (not a working fire). Our new sofa will probably be navy, with mustard accents. We can't decide whether to have chrome or copper as the other accent colour; but our decision will affect the lighting which we need to decide before we paint.

We currently have 2 light fittings; 1 in the living area 1 in the dining area. We can either keep these and choose either a silver or copper fitting, which we'd be committed to for a while.

But i'm keen on dimmable downlights throughout which we'd need to get the electrician to put in before the painting starts, however i've only ever seen downlights with a chrome border. If we went for these, I'm not keen on having copper lamps/decorations in the room, so we'd be forced to go with silver. Is there another neutral option for the downlight colour that means we can chop and change what colour everything else is in the room when we change our minds? e.g. can you get downlights with a white border that blend into the ceiling so we can have whatever colour we want elsewhere? or is a recessed downlight a thing where there's no 'border' at all?

I hope this makes sense!!! thanks in advance for advice :)

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.