wgt123

Should I replace these old doors with new ones?

kwg kwg
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hello! I’m in the middle of a house refurb at the moment and I’m trying to decide whether to replace all the doors in the whole house with new ones or keep the existing old ones? I’ve just have a loft conversion done and in the middle of an extension - I’m missing 2 doors in the house ( 1 on 1st floor and 1 on ground floor) so will have to buy 2 more doors before Building Control signs off when the project is complete. If I keep the original doors, I’ll have to source them from somewhere otherwise I was thinking I could keep original doors on ground floor but have new doors on 1st floor?

The problem with the old ones are that quite a few have handles missing so will have to source them too, the doors that do have handles are a round brass style.

Does anyone know which period these doors are from? I’m in an Edwardian terrace but not sure if these are original Edwardian or not?

Please excuse the drawing on door and masking tape around the doors, the builders put that there.

Comments (25)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.