design3586

Casual Luxury in Hyde Park - London State of Mind

Misha Andersen Design have completed one of the very demanding and stylish projects in Hyde Park Corner. We call it London state of mind project.

The concept for this project was Casual luxury and we wanted to create a living experience that reflects modern classic and embraces comfort and elegance in highly-detailed design.

Very demanding project at the exquisite high end development due to a strong project management engagement to create a highly detailed interior refurbishment of 240 square meters apartment and turnkey styling service from concept to completion.

Our Clients desires for their new property to get a space as London oasis in one of the addresses one can hope to have, that offers level of privacy, as well as unsurpassed Hyde Park corner position. As we are known for subtle contemporary style, attention has being paid to every detail, with unique fittings and materials at every turn.

Hyde Park corner High End Development · More Info

ENTRANCE HALL

Entrance area required comfortable wardrobe and storage for guests and whole family. There are warm tones and gentle neutrals to get softness and tactility with great bespoke solution . We moved from white uniform walls to wallpapers with bamboo touch , brass and wood darker tones on bespoke wardrobes solution to accommodate shoes, bags and suitcases. Darker more enigmatic mirror solution added a bit of reflection and amplified views from different perspectives. We used Jintara rug design by Riviere for entrance area to combine with subtle refined Holly Hunt credenza.

(Before)

Long corridors were lacking correct lighting atmosphere and to not overload the high traffic area we decided to play with one statement piece that gave 3 dimensional object main attention . Wall abstract art added uniform calm but intriguing look. Artwork exhibit directional lines, rhythmic and geometric charm. Less is more was main goal for this area.

LIVING ROOM

The living area consisted in a very simple but lacking of any interest proportional space.

In order to imagine different proposals client have had different visuals options to choose from before final decision were made. We always work with plans as well as visualizations to make sure all details are taken into account. We wanted to achieve floating feeling of suspended bespoke joinery that required wall reinforcement . The final result would add more contemporary feeling.

Liquid metal is still a very rare material that we wanted to bring in combination with considerable TV and contrasting light and dark veneer. One bespoke wall incorporated lighting sculpture in playful material combination. Brass of Tom Faulkner console tables, combination of dark and light veneer of bespoke furniture and calm refined tones in upholstery with such known brands like Holly Hunt and Christian Liaigre. Statement artwork and coordinated tones of bespoke Titania rug design by Riviere added chameleonic and playful color nuances to reinforce existing scheme.

LIVING ROOM

The living area consisted in a very proportional open space, which could be divided in two area , entertaining dining and sitting relaxing one. So our main challenge was to create space to entertain but as well comfortable to live with on the long term.

Lighting created refined atmosphere for different moods with eye catching chandelier. Embracing irregularity of liquid metal and the serendipity of light reflection that glittered and catch the light of custom joinery furniture of the winery wall. Decorative bespoke joinery wall in light veneer with brass incrustation with hidden doors for winery fridge and other utilities hidden space. In order to play with suspended chandelier the irregular cuts and LED liquid metal shelve brought attention for object exposition . Marble top table with brushed metal base and subtle leather upholstery are perfectly combined to give similar importance to the whole scheme without any over powering material.

DETAILS

Eye catching book area providing a great space for the owners expansive collection of fashion and art books. The heart of the home is it's centrally located dining space , headlined by an attention grabbing tailor made joinery where liquid metal and light offers great frame for any object of art. Abstract painting is an extension of the owners individuality.

MASTER BEDROOM

Prioritizing well being in the way we organized this soft and relaxing space. We prioritized the things we do every day. Generous bedroom linked with bathroom. This is space is to take time for yourself, where big window with natural light and soft tone upholstery to reconnect with small terrace garden. Reading space with bespoke joinery wall. Special attention to detail and real materials, seriously good lighting, solid textures and wood materials, handmade credenza with brass incrustation by Fiona Baret, Art choice and objects selection for uplifting atmosphere.

DRESSING ROOM

It's the celebration of the sensorial qualities of these materials, alternating warm with cold, hard surficies of wardrobe with soft upholstered walls, rugs and soft furnishing .

Texture-driven dressing room is clad in calming fabric and velvety wallpaper design with comfortable wardrobes distribution for client that travel and require all in perfect order. Feminine sanctuary brief with elegant and refined informal dressing table.

STUDY

Boys room is space for quiet reflection and work with touch of bright refreshing orange, yellow and blue tones.

Designs By: Misha Andersen Design

Comments (10)

• Jessica Magri
    5 years ago

lovely!

Misha Andersen Design Ltd. thanked Jessica Magri
  • Stephanie Hayes
    5 years ago

This living room is absolutely stunning!

Misha Andersen Design Ltd. thanked Stephanie Hayes
  • Alice Leake
    5 years ago

I really like the wall art, it's such a beautiful addition to the space! Thanks for sharing

Misha Andersen Design Ltd. thanked Alice Leake
  • minipie
    5 years ago

I love the metal panels behind the TV, please can you tell me where they are from?

Misha Andersen Design Ltd. thanked minipie
  • PRO
    Misha Andersen Design Ltd.
    Original Author
    5 years ago

We used Liquid metal material for TV wall, Austrian provider. There is few UK providers that can achieve similar effect.

• PRO
    Misha Andersen Design Ltd.
    Original Author
    5 years ago

For us interior design is about so much more than choosing furniture it is about making sure the human experience is prioritized when we build. Our clients love it minimal, refined and not too cluttered. So for all of us it is about making their life better when they arrive from constant trips.

• PRO
    Lomuarredi Ltd
    5 years ago

Congrats! Amazing interiors renovation!

Misha Andersen Design Ltd. thanked Lomuarredi Ltd
  • kellychoi
    5 years ago
    Wow! This is fab. How much the budget would I expect to this high standard?
    Misha Andersen Design Ltd. thanked kellychoi
  • Kittihawke
    5 years ago
    Lovely pictures but the written descriptions were really nice too. I liked the way that each area of the apartment was taken in turn. Gave me lots of ideas for mine. Thank you.
    Misha Andersen Design Ltd. thanked Kittihawke
United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.