wgt123

White oiled engineered floorboards?

kwg kwg
5 years ago
Hello, I think I’ve finally got my head around all the different types/ finishes/ grades of engineered floorboards and have seen a white oiled floorboard I really like. Sometimes it gives a greyish white tone, sometimes a more warmer tone depending where the board is in the house and time of day which makes it more interesting.

I went into a shop and they had a new board vs and old board ( about 1yr old ) and there was a big difference - the yellow from the wooden had already started to show through as if the oil had started to wear off.

The board is not smoked or fumed, it just the natural wood board brushed with a white oil on top. Has anyone else had a similar board installed? Has the floor kept it colour / minimal change over time? Did you use a brand or the shop’s own brand/ unbranded?

I’m thinking of installing it on the whole ground floor.

Thank you!

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.