webuser_588811345

Oak table faded after 3 months in a circular shape where lamp located

HU-588811345
5 years ago

I wonder if anyone could kindly please advise us.

We took delivery of some new Winsor Stockholm oak furniture on April 30 2018. Since then we have situated the six separate items of furniture in our lounge. We have placed lamps, cork matts and other items on the furniture. We placed a lamp on one of the smaller tables and ensured we protected the surface of the table with a thick circular cork mat placed between the bottom of the lamp and the table. This afternoon, I moved the lamp and the cork mat to dust the table and noticed that a circular area of the table had faded matching the area where the cork matt with lamp on top had been situated. See pictures below of this issue. The only natural light to our lounge is via the patio doors which face north so no direct sunlight ever enters the lounge. We have checked all the other items which were included in the order and there is no trace whatsoever of any similar fading notwithstanding that all the other five pieces of furniture have, since April 30 2018, also had items such as lamps placed upon them protected by cork mats.

We have this afternoon reported the issues to the supplier.

Many thanks.

Comments (15)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.