webuser_71660

hiding the kitchen sink...

Tani H-S
5 years ago
Hey guys,
I have a slight dilemma that I’m trying to work out re our utility cupboard in the new kitchen .

The photo below is an old image but shows the cupboard behind glazed doors - housing the sink with drained and dishwasher. Also the boiler and shelving.

The solid brick wall is 7’4 wide internally but the right side will have units butting up next to it so we lose front access of 650mm. Not a problem as the boiler will go on the side wall and we can still reach the worktop etc.

That would leave about 1350 space to put some sort of doors on.
The issue is that we can’t have standard doors as when you open them to wash up anything that can’t go in the dishwasher. It will block that entry which is only 900mm wide.

What’s the least awkward doors to put there??
Ideally we would have the left one being a bifolds and slide (where it goes back in on itself into the cupboard therefore eliminating any obstruction) and the right one being a pocket door to slide back against the 650mm wall.

I’m told the bifold and slide door mechanism is v expensive and my OH thinks we should just leave it open but I REALLY wanted to hide all the clutter in there ie pans and glasses we can’t put in the dishwasher and leave the toaster out there etc

Am I being daft to want to hide the mess (a big bug bear from my last house!) and has anyone got any solutions for hiding it??

Thanks!

Comments (31)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.