angeltakooree

how to centre a light fixture/s above an extending dining table

Angel Takooree

We are having our kitchen redone, and we have to decide where to add some feature lights above our dining room space. Currently we have an extending dining table. It is set to a six person seating arrangement but expands to 12 seats. The table is used for both my sewing and for dining. So I need some good lighting for both task work and also for dining ambience. Currently it has two spot lights above.

The view from the kitchen to the dining room has a great vista so don't want anything that will distract. I have had a search through the stories and seen some

a) How do you centre a light fixture above an expanding dining table

b) Should I have a rise and fall pendant so it can be raise out of the way when not used

c) style we are going for is contemporary with some mid century Scandinavian