hzdeleted_50487895

Dado rails in hallway - what colours to go for?

User
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

We are in the middle of renovating our 1920s home, and next on the agenda is what colour to paint the hallway. We are having our flooring on the ground floor done in a warm honey oak colour and had thought of just going for one colour in the Hall (which covers 3 floors), but thinking about it more, would we be silly not to highlight the dado rail feature and have 2 different colours? The hallway doesn’t get much light on the ground or top floor, as the front of the house is north facing (and the upper Hall to the third floor there is no natural light at all), and the carpet on the stairs and upper landings is staying as we cant afford to change it at the moment. We also have a fair amount of photos and art to put up too. Any and all suggestions very welcome.

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.