suburb

Stair runner or wall to wall carpet?

suburb
5 years ago

I have just traipsed around carpet shops on a soggy bank holiday weekend... and am non-the-wiser about what to do with my stairs and landing. I LOVE the idea of a higher end stair runner (thinking a bold stripy Roger Oates runner https://www.rogeroates.com/products/runners/neutral/fitzroy-black60/) but just can't afford it - roughly £800 just for my new-build stairs)

Also, i would like to match a plain landing carpet to the runner... so thought that carpet shops would be a good bet. I'm disappointed - even John Lewis only had 1 stripy carpet option in a 0.66m width (i.e. a stair runner width), a couple more in a 1m width and no options where it was obvious that there was a matching plain carpet for my landing!

It seems like only Carpet Right had explicit matching stripy and plain carpets as an option - that can't be right, can it? Is there something i am missing re. stair carpets?

Any advice would be appreciated (i.e. i'd rather not pay for a 4m wide carpet when i only need 1m max for my stairs!)

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.