norfolk_newbuild

Doublesided Woodburner

Norfolk Newbuild
5 years ago
Hi,

I’m contemplating a modern double sided wood burning stove.

It would be insert/tv style and located in a room dividing/floating wall between our Kitchen/Diner and Living areas.

One side of the dining table seating would be within 1m of the woodburner so I’m now worried we would never be able to use the stove when entertaining without slow roasting guests.

Has anyone got an experience of these and if you can chose to convert heat or not?

Thanks

Comments (2)

• Nisha Parekh
    5 years ago
    Not sure about wood burning stoves, but we went for a gas fire in what I think is a similar setting to what you are describing, with the dining table very close to the fire (excuse the temporary dining table). We had it installed mainly for aesthetics and it doesn’t give off too much heat at all... We have underfloor heating beneath the tiles in the dining room and will probably need to use it alongside the fire in winter! You may want to consider a gas fire if you’re not set on a wood burning stove? We also considered bioethanol before settling on gas, so that may be another option?
  • Norfolk Newbuild
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Thanks. Yes identical layout as yours.

I really wanted a wood burner as I’ve had to take 8/9 mature trees down to build the house so wanted to use the wood.

I’ll pop to a local supplier and speak with them.
United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.