webuser_808739042

kitchen units colours help!!

Zoe
5 years ago
Hi, I’ve had such good advice with other areas of our house refurb that I was hoping for more with our kitchen design..I should have made a decision weeks ago but I just can’t seem to get it right and feel totally comfortable.

We love the idea of a dark navy kitchen and have found a colour on the Ral chart (5011 steel blue) that is going to be painted onto a really smart Aster handless kitchen.

We have a set of units, eye height units, an island and a wall of units as in the picture. We will be using a light white/grey marble effect quartz as the surface and splash backs. We are hoping to have a light washed oak chevron floor and accent it with brushed bronze chairs/lights etc. Have shown some pics below to give idea.

However, I just feel the whole thing needs ‘lifting’ somehow and just can’t decide how. It just feels like will be too much ‘block’ colour and could do with another texture/lightening somewhere. We are not keen on wood on the surface of island and have tried ‘wooden’ shelves instead of cupboards at ends of the eye height units but it just looks a bit like the kitchen isn’t finished yet!

Am very grateful for any ideas. Thanks so much.

Comments (30)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.