sjstevenson

paint for north facing lounge

Susan
5 years ago
Would love some paint advice.

Formal lounge is roughly 5m x5m and has 2 windows - one north facing , one east (but about 2m from next door property) so is a dark room. It has a wood burner in it, so we envisage using mostly in winter months.

Fireplace around wood burner is white stone with black hearth.

One side of fire place plan to have built in cabinet (painted white?) - other side has window, so either a window seat or a cabinet under window. Thinking of putting in a simple picture rail and painting light colour or shade of white above picture rail and the ceiling. And would like a rich /darker colour on walls.

Have existing light grey sofas (mid century g plan style).

What colours would suit the walls - like idea of dark rich green or blue. Must go with grey sofas as can’t afford to replace them. (Overall trying to create a cosy, but luxe space. Somewhere we can read and watch tv in winter but also good for having drinks with friends in winter if people come over.).

Many thanks for any inspiration!

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.