melweberinteriordesign

Bathroom Layout

Our family bathroom is currently very cramped and has a shorter-length bath that we can only fit our legs in! We are planning on stealing some of the landing and rotating the bath 90 degrees to create more room as shown in attached floor plan, but I'm struggling to decide what to do with the rest of the room. The toilet and sink are shown in their current position and feel quite cramped. Would it be best to move the sink in between the toilet and new bath position?

The problem with doing so is that it would be below the window so we wouldn't be able to put a mirror above it.

Also struggling to find wall space for a heated towel rail. If we stick with current layout we'd have to get a short one under the window next to the toilet but I'd prefer a full height one if possible.

Interested to know if I'm missing any obvious ideas for improving the layout?

Room dimensions are approx 2.5m long by 1.4m wide currently. We would steal 0.3-0.4 m from the hallway to fit a standard size bath in.

We have a separate en suite so this is mainly used by our 2 kids who are currently very little (age 2 and 4) but want the space to continue to work for them as they grow up.

Any suggestions very welcome?

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.