badgerant

Need inspiration for house renovation/floorplan/extension

Tony S
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Morning all, I am currently looking at purchasing a 3 bed chalet in Essex which needs major renovation and modernising and I am now uncertain as to what can be achieved with the property.

We have had a couple of ideas about how we could move the layout around but I am struggling to visualize what the rooms will be like and how big.

Option 1 was to add a large rear dormer, adding a third bedroom upstairs and possibly an ensuite to one of the large bedrooms. Taking out the downstairs bedroom and dividing the space up for kitchen and lounge/dining area?

Option 2 was to extend over the garage at the side, try to squeeze in a third bedroom and family bathroom upstairs. Again remove the downstairs bedroom and also the bathroom, but leaving a small WC.

We have a maximum budget of £60k which will need to cover all building work including new kitchen and bathroom, rewire, boiler, windows and doors to the point of where only decorating is required.

Is this even possible with this budget? What are your thoughts on either option or a mixture of both?

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.