nessaj74

Help with paint colour in dark hall

nessaj74
5 years ago

Hi, I'd appreciate any ideas to help lighten our dark hall. The only natural light comes from a small landing window, a small window above the front door and through open doors. The front door is solid wood. It's also not helped by the horrible dark wood laminate floor that we can't afford to replace yet. The furniture is also quite dark but with lighter walls and a lighter floor (eventually!) they will look great. The current wallpaper is a deep yellow flower design and we plan to paint on top. I've thought about 'griege' colours but a bit concerned about then looking a bit cold as it's a pretty cold house in the winter. Any suggestions of paint colour and other tips would be great. I'd also like to replace the wall lights as they are currently shiny fake brass ones, so any ideas there? Thanks

Comments (30)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.