marieearl77

Is it comfortable to have wall units above a sink?

Ellie
5 years ago

We are remodelling the kitchen/diner and trying to get the run of units right!

The 4 m run of units will include integrated washing machine with boiler (ideally all in a tall unit) then a sink, then a range cooker and hopefully there will be some worktop space!

Originally I wanted no wall units at all, as if we were to have a chimney hood above the range it would really only allow space for a couple wall units. I think wall units look much better as a run of same height in-line units.

And thats when I started to look into integrated/canopy style hoods to get that look.

Then what about the sink? We currently have a window at the sink, but that will change and sink will be against a wall. I wouldnt have thought it was a good idea to put wall units above a sink, but see so many pics on houzz that have exactly that!! Or do folk only put a unit above a sink if they are short of storage?

Confused! (and bet you are too after reading this post!)

Thanks!

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.