atz_r

Mixed kitchen worktops in small(ish) kitchen

atz_r
5 years ago

Hi,

i am in the process of designing my new kitchen and would like some advice. We have a traditional 3bed semi, with a separate pantry/laundry room which houses the fride/freezer and washing machine. We are on a tight budget and only focused on the main kitchen area. I have attached a plan/picture of how we think would suit the space and allow us to have a hob/dishwasher/integrated microwave/single oven.

Our design preference is traditional country, in a neutral creamy/mushroom colour. We have funky Moroccan style floor tiles (installed when we first moved in to brighten up the kitchen) which we would like to keep (picture attached). Our kitchen shape in J with no island.

We are undecided between granite/quartz/wood kitchen countertop and thought perhaps we could have either brownish or white-ish granite/quartz around the sink and hob area, and dark wood on the 3rd side (to keep costs reasonable). Most of the pictures on houzz/Pinterest etc of mixed worktops seem to feature an island or breakfast bar, so wanted to gather your thoughts;

1. Help with colour matching of granite on creamy/traditional granite/quartz worktop

2. if have 2 different types of worktops would look too busy/meshed

many thanks in advance for your help and advice!

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.