preetvan

Ideas on improving Front Exterior without a Front Door please?

Preetvan Sangha
5 years ago

Hi Everyone!

We have recently bought this lovely listed house (c.1925 formally part of Lord Hillingdon estate, used to be Kitchen gardens) and are looking at ways clean up and dress up the Front exterior, driveway and landscaping to bring out the full potential. The front door is to the side and ideally we'd like to keep it this way to retain the character. The roofing has concrete tiles (c.20 years old), any ideas on what we could to improve the roof would be most appreciated too. We are in two minds on whether to

1) keep the current concrete tiles and get these washed, or

2) redo the roof with clay tiles or similar to try to recreate the original features (house was built in 1925).

We would love for any ideas, examples and suggestions on how to make this place look its best without needing to move the Front Door from the side and around to to the Front. Picture attached to hopefully give a good idea of what we currently have. Any help most welcome! Thank you!

Comments (13)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.