aga_kartasinska

Beautiful Georgian apartament - what should we do?

Aga Kartasinska
5 years ago
Hi everyone,

Yet we are moving again. This time into a beautiful 1800s Georgian townhouse which actually is a Grade I listed building.

I am absolutely over the moon with the apartment - it has so much character and comes with stunning views!

In a way, it is a Georgian apartment which could be tricky to arrange, however it is also a blank canvas. It comes unfurnished. And this is where my dilemma starts.

We need to purchase everything! (Well - almost. We have a mattress, an IKEA chest of drawers and a white IKEA bookcase...). Since it’s a rental I don’t want to spend too much money so we will be probably relying on fairly cheap shops, 2nd hand furniture and IKEA...

Storage is a problem as we accumulated a lot of items over our 5 years of living together and the apartment only comes with 2 shallow wardrobes with a hanging space only... there’s not even a storage/cupboard.

Hence, we thought ottoman storage bed and a storage sofa bed for guests could be handy.

With the rest of furniture, style and arrangements, I would love to welcome your invaluable comments and ideas.

Ps. Something we would really like to accommodate is our projector that would be probably placed on some sort of a coffee table to project above the fire place. Unfortunately, we can’t mount anything permanently onto walls or ceilings...

Photos and floor plan attached :) apologies for odd black marks - my phone is clearly playing up!

Comments (26)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.