alix_wooding

Help me decorate my living room! Feeling overwhelmed...

Alix W
5 years ago
Hello Houzzers, hope you can help. Lurked on here for ages, but never posted before.

I finished my house renovation earlier in the year, and was really looking forward to decorating, as I normally love it. But I’ve done nothing, and just felt a bit overwhelmed. Can you help me get started on my living room?

The house is a thirties terrace, the renovation has made it quite contemporary. I wanted to live in it before I chose colours, so at the moment it’s very white and clinical. Normally I love colour and texture and vintage stuff. I also love bargains!

Our old place was a small Victorian flat, so some of our furniture is too small or just doesn’t go in the new place.

What would you do with this room?

It’s north facing. I was thinking about decorating in F&B ammonite, or in a muted pale pinky shade - maybe Crown Chateau. The linked room will probably be F&B Stiffkey blue.

The Ercol is mine but will probably get recovered. Both sofas are inherited and need to be replaced. Should I go for a low slung, slouchy contemporary chaise sofa, or something more vintagey? Will add some options in comments...

Thanks in advance,
Alix

Comments (14)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.