windsormuk

Where to place hob, cooker hood and sink in ICF House

Mo
5 years ago

We are building a house using ICF. This means that we have to specify all outlets and inlets at the design stage. It is difficult and expensive to insert these once the concrete has been poured and set! I, therefore, need to decide on my kitchen design now.

I was planning on having units on two walls. I have attached a couple of pictures of the kind of setup I envisage. On one wall I will have base units and wall cupboards, Between the worktop and wall units for most of the wall will be a non-opening window, similar to the one in the picture below. On the other wall would be my tall units, tall fridge and tall freezer. I cannot see anywhere to place a hob. I would not want it under the window as it would get covered in grease and splatters when cooking. I was thinking of putting it on the island. We are having MVHR and would need a cooker hood to extract the grease and prevent it from getting into the system. However, the kitchen has a vaulted ceiling and I wonder if a ceiling extractor would be efficient at that height and a cooker hood would have to be huge and incongruous in view of the vaulted ceiling? I was looking at pop up side extractors but the recycle ones are not said to be very efficient and the ducted ones would involve ducting under the floor, which will have under floor heating, a concrete screed and tiles! Any suggestions gratefully received.

kitchen · More Info

kitchen · More Info

kitchen · More Info

kitchen · More Info

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.