millymoomoo123

What colour in my hall - include dado rail and skirting?

Milly Moo
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hi all

we had our skirting removed to have floor fitted and it took some of the wall with it.

Our lovely plasterer has nearly finished making good (ignore the blue, that is grip coat before the plastering)

Stairs and woodwork painted wimbourne white, although clearly not finished yet

Front door will be painted the same and glazing replaced

We liked the idea of having wimbourne white on the walls above the dado rail and downpipe below the dado rail (but a colour match due to the marking of it)

We are open to ideas- we like the idea of dark, I like the way it contrasts against the white and looks 'crisp'.

We already have a colour close to hague blue in the kitchen so that is out and my partner has suggested maybe a dark green, although Im a little hesitant.

Also should we paint the dado rail and skirting (when we get it) the same colour or leave them wimbourne white.

Im not removing the dado rail as I like it.

Any advice appreciated- thanks!

Carpet will go but not for another 6 months or so

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.