origin_global

What is an Outroom?

Located in the space between the home and garden, an outroom is created through the installation offolding or sliding doors. These doors help extend the use of the property and is perfect for adding value without the need for a structural extension.

Do you have a space outside that you would consider your 'Outroom'? If so, I'd love to see pictures below.

Have a read of our Outroom article: http://bit.ly/Outroom-blog

Yes I have an Outroom
No I don't
I don't but I'd love one!

Comments (9)

• Heidi Cullen
    5 years ago

I would love an outroom in my jungle but as I have to forage for food in my own garden, I don't think an outroom would stay looking very pristine. In fact I would not be surprised if the whole area would be taken over by the local wildlife and I was persona non grata within a week. I currently can only use my back door if I want to turn left as Suzy Spider has made a 2ft wide web covering the entire steps to the right!

Origin - Doors and Windows thanked Heidi Cullen
  • PRO
    Origin - Doors and Windows
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Heidi - your garden sounds like a wildlife haven! It must be lovely to have so much nature on your doorstep.

OnePlan - what a beautiful Outroom! I particularly like the bar area. It must feel so cosy with all that greenery surrounding the space!

• Jules Mc
    5 years ago
    One Plan that's amazing. Very envious. Our house is small and would love to extend the living space in this way.
  • PRO
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Jules Mc - These spaces do create an extra living area which creates a further sense of space. This article explains how you can achieve an Outroom: http://bit.ly/Outroom-blog have a read, it may help you create one!

• LTS
    5 years ago
    Wow OnePlan love it!!
  • Jules Mc
    5 years ago
    Thanks Origin. Really useful
  • PRO
    Inside Out Oxford Bespoke Garden Rooms
    5 years ago

Hello Origin, we install quite a lot of your bi-folds into our garden rooms and our customers love them to bits -- however, usually our garden rooms are at the end of the garden, removed from the house. We find that facing the house with a room that can open up the entire front to the garden is quite a different concept to the one you're highlighting here but serves a very similar purpose. Placing the room away from the building also gives some great design opportunities.

Origin - Doors and Windows thanked Inside Out Oxford Bespoke Garden Rooms
  • PRO
    Original Author
    5 years ago

That is interesting, the concept of improving rather than moving is still very relevant and creative thinking in these spaces can really change the way people live. On another note, have to admit grey bifolds and cedar clad outrooms are a personal favourite.

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.