webuser_760470638

Ground Floor - Living/ Kitchen space dilemma

Cristina Ferrer
5 years ago

We are currently in the process of moving the Kitchen from the front of the house to the rear. Currently there are 2 different options.

Option 1 - Is to move the kitchen to the centre of the house ( as shown) this would involve relocation of the Lavatory. (approx 1m towards the front of the house.) Please use the Picture (original Layout to see how the property is currently)

Option 2 - This option is moving the kitchen to the rear of the property. This space is smaller and would involve leaving the lavatory in the same place it is now. ( as per the original plans)

Original Layout

What we are looking at doing is one of the above options with larger bi-fold doors at the garden end of the house. This would be as large as we can get depending on Option 1 (full width of the property) or option 2 . Half the width and a large kitchen window with a bi-fold aspect.

The problem we are having is with the layout of either option giving us a nice open space that will include both the kitchen and living space. IE where to place the living room, TV couch etc using either option and still creating a nice flow and feel to the ground floor space. We have discussed changing the opening of the stairs to the front of the house (into the existing kitchen) ONLY if we go for option 1. If we go for option 2 we leave the stair entrance as it is currently. The general plan is to make the current kitchen space into an office.

Any help with how to best use the space to include kitchen and living is welcome.

Floor Plan with Measurements. ( this includes moving the lavatory)

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.