webuser_14492018

Using corridor space for bigger kitchen good or bad idea?

Marie
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hi, I am planning a refurb of a 1970s split level bungalow. So you enter from the street level, and currently to the left is a large living room which has double doors to dining, and right you turn onto a narrow corridor which accesses the kitchen on the left side, wc, utility/pantry and then a second living space to the right, and at the end a spare bedroom and staircase down to the a reception/snug. Oh and the exit to the garden. Through a door off the snug another corridor with the 3 mainly used bedrooms and family bath.My idea is to just remove the use of this upstairs corridor, reposition wc door to entrance hall way, and the utility accessed from kitchen. The only maybe offputting thing is you would then be walking through the kitchen to get to the stairs to the second reception room, spare and downstairs bedrooms.I would really appreciate any input. I would love an island and really impressive kitchen and I think this will get it for me. But I donot wish to have an even weirder house that it is already (being an upside down house).Thanks guys. I will get a pic up as soon as.

Comments (17)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.