ciara_falconi

Changing the exterior of our 1970's house - advice needed!

Ciara Falconi
5 years ago

Hi there,

We've recently bought our first home and are in the process of renovating the inside. Although the interior is going well - we're stuck with ideas on how to bring the outside up to date.

We're in the process of converting the garage into a room (study) so the garage door will be going. I'd love a floor to ceiling crittall black style window in it's place - although I'm not sure if this will suit the house - it's more of a personal style that I like.

We have the budget to replace windows and front door and change/paint the dormer but are struggling to know which colours will look right for windows. We can't start extedning/cladding at this point as our budget won't stretch that far. We love darker colours and industrial styles but know this isn't in keeping with the style of this house so don't want to do something that ends up looking silly!

Any advice would be much appreciated,

Thanks in advance!

x

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.